A friend of mine was heading off to a three-week trip to Europe, armed with her Kindle. When I asked her if she had also loaded up her iphone for the trip, she said she didn’t much listen to music. I told her that there was a world of informative podcasts awaiting her that could keep her entertained and educated when she wasn’t in a position to read. She was all ears about what I would suggest and asked me to make a list of my favorite podcasts for her. Here’s what I emailed her:
- Henry Grayson (he can be a bit talkative, but I like his guests.
- A New Earth After Show – I don’t know if this is still available, but When Oprah was interviewing Eckhart Tolle, these were the dialogues after the show
- On Being (Krista Tippitt used to call this Speaking of Faith – it’s a great show and you’ll enjoy it!
- Peace Talks Radio – a client of mine turned me onto this – great interviews
- Sounds True: Insights at the Edge – Tami Simon of Sounds True whom I interviewed for my book does a great interview – and you’ll love her guests
- Tara Brach – she’s my husband’s favorite – she is a Buddhist/psychologist – tells great stories
- Theatre of the Mind – Kelly Howell has great guests
- Ted Talks – you can choose audio or video – incredible presentations
- Rick Steves – he’s a travel commentator and you may enjoy his videos of Europe – may give you some ideas